Mancelona Public Schools, recognizing the needs of all people, promises to make the best use of our resources to develop the potential of students, families, and community.
Any face covering is better than nothing and the requirement is for a “facial covering”, no specification regarding what type. According to the CDC, an appropriate facial covering has multiple layers of fabric. Neck gators are not recommended unless they can be folded over to have multiple layers covering the mouth and nose.
• Neck gators are usually a single layer of cotton or synthetic materials. The material is thin and stretchy, which means a decreased ability to contain droplets. Anything stretchy will be worse as the size of the “filter” will get bigger and less effective.
• Two layers of tightly woven cotton, such as quilting fabric or cotton sheets are preferred for cloth face coverings.
According to the CDC, an appropriate mask:
• Fits snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
• Completely covers the nose and mouth
• Is secured with ties or ear loops
• Includes multiple layers of fabric
• Allows for breathing without restriction
• Can be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
For additional information, click the link below
This website is currently being corrected to comply with both Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you see anything on this site that does not comply with either Act please notify us immediately so we can correct the problem.