2020-21 Budget and Salary/Compensation Transparency Reporting
Report Date: 2/15/2021
Section 18 (2) of the Public Act 94 of 1979, The State School Aid Act, has been amended, which requires each school district and intermediate school district to post certain information on its website within 30 days after a board adopts it annual operating budget or any subsequent revision to that budget.
The Annual Budget & Transparency Reporting is an opportunity to communicate to our community on how we utilize the resources that are provided to us.
Information Required To Be Posted
The following information is required to be posted on our website:
1. The annual operating budget and subsequent budget revisions.
2. Using data that has already been collected and submitted to the Michigan Department of Education (MDE), a summary of district or intermediate district expenditures for the most recent fiscal year for which they are available, expressed in the following two (2) pie charts which were provided for the general fund of the district or intermediate district by the Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI):
(a) A chart of personnel expenditures broken down into the following subcategories:
(1) Salaries and Wages
(2) Employee benefit costs, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and long term care benefits.
(3) Retirement benefits costs
(4) All other personnel costs
(b) A chart of all district expenditures, broken into the following subcategories:
(2) Support Services
(3) Business and administration
(4) Operations and Maintenance
3. Links to all of the following:
(a) The current collective bargaining agreement for each bargaining unit
(b) Each health care benefits plan, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, long-term care, or any other type of benefits that would constitute health care services, offered to any bargaining unit or employee in the district
(c)The audit report of the audit conducted for the most recent fiscal year for which it is available
(d) Bids required under section 5 of the public employee health benefits act, 2007 PA106, MCL 124.75
(e) The district's written policy governing procurement of supplies, materials, and equipment.
(f) The district's written policy establishing specific categories of reimbursable expenses, as described in section 1254(2) of the revised school code, MCL 380.1254.
(g) Either the district's accounts payable check register for the most recent school fiscal year or a statement of the total amount of expenses incurred by board members or employees of the district that were reimbursed by the district for the most recent school fiscal year.
4. The total salary and a description and cost of each fringe benefit included in the compensation package for the superintendent of the district or intermediate district and for each employee of the district whose salary exceeds $100,000
5. The annual amount spent on dues paid to associations
6. The annual amount spent on lobbying services
7. Deficit Elimination plan
8. District Credit Card Information
9. District Paid Out-of-State Travel Information
Section 1 - Annual Operating Budget and Subsequent Revisions
Section 2a and 2b - Current Expenditures
Section 3a through 3g - Current Bargaining Agreements, Employee sponsored Health Care Plans and Audited Financial Statements and Bids.
Current Collective Bargaining Agreements
Employee Sponsored Health Care Plans
Bids required under section 5 of the public employee health benefits act, 2007 PA106, MCL 124.75
Section 4 - Employee Compensation Information
Section 5 - District Paid Association Dues
Section 6 - District Paid Lobbying Costs
Section 7 - Deficit Elimination Plan
Section 8 - District Credit Card Information
Section 9 - District Paid Out-of-State Travel Information
Section 10 - Extended Covid-19 Learning Plans & Reporting Requirements
Covid-19 Communications and Case Reporting
View all district updates related to the district's case reporting at
Section A - Educator Evaluation Postings & Assurances